Land and Water Conservation
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Land & Water Conservation Department has adjusted its operations. It is encouraged to make an appointment for urgent and essential face-to-face services. Please use the information on this page to contact us via phone or email and we will respond in a timely manner.
Land and Water Conservation Committee Meeting
Location: Calumet County Courthouse, Room 015
Date/Time: March 10, 2022, 1:00 P.M.
How to Join: Any member of the public wishing to attend this meeting may do so in person or virtually by calling 1-408-418-9388. Once you dial the number, you will be asked to enter an access code followed by #. That number is 2490 256 8044. Once you have entered the access code correctly, you will be prompted to enter your attendee ID. Call in users simply press the # key. Please note that all attendees will be muted until the public participation portion of the meeting.
Land and Water Conservation is responsible for the administration of the county conservation programs, which includes land use management and the enforcement of its associated ordinances.
- Working Lands Initiative
- Nutrient management
- Groundwater and surface water education
- Stormwater education
- Stormwater and erosion control
- Well abandonment
- Manure storage and runoff management
- Various resource management ordinances
- Calumet Conservator 2022 Newsletter (PDF)
- Calumet Conservator 2021 Newsletter (PDF)
- Calumet Conservator Winter 2020 Newsletter (PDF)
- Calumet Conservator Winter 2019 Newsletter (PDF)
- Calumet Conservator Winter 2018 Newsletter (PDF)
- Calumet Conservator Winter 2017 Newsletter (PDF)
- Anthony Reali, Conservationist
- Dani Santry, Water Resource Specialist
- Amanda Kleiber, Land Resource Specialist
- Brent Jalonen, Erosion Control and Stormwater Specialist
- Jared Grunewald, Conservation Technician
- Jonathon Lisowe, Conservation Technician
- Paula Piper, Secretary