Private Well Testing Day
2020 Well Testing Day Update
The 2020 Private Well Testing Day is rescheduled for September 21, 2020. Additional changes have been made to the program to improve safety during the COVID 19 pandemic.
Registration is now Closed. If you would like to participate in future Private Well Testing Days, please sign up for our annual mailing list. A mailing will go out six weeks prior to the testing date. Registration is required.
- 172 samples were collected on September 21.
- Lab Reports will be mailed out the week of Oct 26
- Education Program will be held on November 11 at 6:30pm
- (NOTE: Updated DATE, was Oct 27).
- Zoom Link: posted soon!
Why Participate in Calumet County Private Well Testing Day?
A private well should be sampled annually for bacteria at a minimum. This event provides the annual opportunity (and reminder) to "check up" on your home's drinking water supply. Benefits of participating include bottle pick up & drop off convenience, reduced pricing for group testing participants, and an education night held about five weeks after the event. The education night is an opportunity to learn how to read your results, as well as how to resolve any problems with your water, including plumbing, proper well maintenance, and at home-practices to improve your drinking water.
- Homeowner’s Package: $55
- Includes: coliform bacteria, nitrates, pH, alkalinity, hardness, chlorides, conductivity, and corrosivity index
- Metals Package: $52
- Includes: arsenic, calcium, copper, iron, lead, magnesium, manganese, potassium, sodium, sulfate, and zinc
- DACT Screen: $33
- For Atrazine pesticides (only recommended if nitrates are high)
- Group Testing Package: $132
- All 3 above: homeowner’s package, metals package, and DACT
2019 Group Testing Results
The 2019 Groundwater Report is now available. The report highlights the results and analysis of the 2019 Group Testing Program and provides an update on overall groundwater quality in Calumet County. Calumet County Groundwater Report June 2019 (PDF)
For access to the presentation given at the Educational Program on April 30th, please follow the link: K. Masarik April 2019 (PDF)
Summary of Results (PDF) - Provides a breakdown of all parameters analyzed from 191 well test.
2018 Group Testing Results - May 7
Other Parameters Tested: Calcium, Copper, Iron, Potassium, Magnesium, Manganese, Sodium, Lead, Sulfate, Zinc, pH, Conductivity, Alkalinity, Total Hardness, Chloride, Diaminochlorotriazine (DACT)