The following tips will help your document be ready to record:
- Only original documents or certified copies may be recorded.
- Pages must be white, standard weight, and either letter- or legal-sized. No hinged pages are allowed. Ink must be black.
- The document must be legible and reproducible.
- There must be a blank 3-inch by 3-inch space in the upper right-hand corner for the register's recording stamp.
- The return address must be located either directly under the recording area or on the left within the top 3 inches of the page.
- All pages must have a minimum of a half-inch margin across the top. The first page must have minimum quarter-inch margins on sides and bottom.
- Paper must be 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches, or 8 1/2 inches by 14 inches.
- Signatures must be notarized with the notary commission date stated.
- If the notary is in Wisconsin, the drafter of the document must be an individual.
- Names must be printed below signatures.
- The proper fee must accompany the document.
- The document must have a complete legal description.
- No social security numbers are allowed on documents.
- Deeds, land contracts, and judgments require the Wisconsin Real Estate Transfer Form.
We will review your documents for these items but the ultimate responsibility for a complete and correct document is yours. Ask for assistance if you need it.