Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I’m worried about my dad living alone - I suspect he’s not eating and taking his medications as he should. What can I do?
 A: Call the Aging & Disability Resource Center at (920) 849-1451 and talk with an Information and Assistance Specialist. We can help sort through your concerns, identify the problems, and suggest elderly care services and solutions for you and your dad. We can also meet with your dad in person and provide a professional assessment at no charge.

Q: Is there assistance for someone who needs help with simple household tasks or minor home repairs?
 A: The Aging & Disability Resource Center can help match you with resources and services that are reliable and trustworthy, at costs that are based upon your ability to pay. We can help you find solutions.

Q: I believe I have a disability and would like to apply for Social Security benefits. Where do I start?
A: You can start by contacting the Social Security Administration or by calling the Aging & Disability Resource Center and getting assistance with the application process based on your need for help.

Q: I don’t understand the Medicare Part D plan and Senior Care - what’s the difference and which is best for me?
A: Call the Aging & Disability Resource Center for information on prescription drug plans (and health plans in general). If you are 60 or older, you can schedule an appointment with one of our Elderly Benefit Specialists. If you are between the ages of 18-59 and have a disability, one of our Disability Benefit Specialists will work with you.

Q: I have become the caregiver for my wife who has Alzheimer’s Disease, and at times, I don’t feel like I know what I’m doing. I think I need help, but don’t want to be a burden. What can I do?
 A: Rest assured that you are not alone. The Aging & Disability Resource Center specializes in mental health care issues and is here to support you. We can assess your situation, offer suggestions for assistance, and connect you with other caregiver resources that are available in your area.

Q: I’m having surgery and I’m worried that I won’t be able to prepare my meals while I’m recuperating. Is there help available to me?
A: Call the Aging & Disability Resource Center to learn more about meal delivery programs in your area as well as other meal service providers who can help out until you’re back on your feet.

Q: I have an elderly neighbor who I’m very worried about. I don’t want to intrude on her privacy, but I’m afraid she’s not taking care of herself and something bad might happen. What should I do?
A: You can help her without invading her privacy by calling the Aging & Disability Resource Center. We have skilled professionals who can develop a relationship with her to better understand her situation tactfully, and offer her suggestions for elderly care services and programs to help her continue living as independently and as safely as possible.

Q: I suspect that someone I know is being abused. He is dependent on others for help and he’s vulnerable, but he’ll never “tell” on the person who is taking advantage of him. What can I do?
A: Call the Aging & Disability Resource Center as soon as possible. We will have one of our Information and Assistance Specialists or other appropriate professionals assess and deal with the situation to ensure the health and safety of the victim.